The Feltria was a passenger/cargo ship built in 1891 as the Avoca for the British India Steam Navigation Co.. The ship was constructed by William Denny & Bros of Dumbarton and launched on 9 June 1891.
The ship went through a number of name and ownership changes before eventually being sold to Cunard in 1913.
On 5 May 1917 at 7.30 p.m. the Feltria was sunk by UC 48 (Commander Kurt Ramien) 8 miles south-east of Mine Head, Waterford with the loss of 45 lives.
|Dimensions||135.0 x 14.6 m (443 x 48 ft)|
|Fate||Torpedoed (UC 48)|
The wreck of the Feltria rests 10 miles off the south-east corner of Ireland between Dungarvan and Waterford. Visibility on the wreck is generally very poor. The wreck is upright with a list to port and is relatively intact despite the damage caused by the torpedo. The bow is clearly recognisable and there is a distinctive fantail stern. Large quantities of phosphorous have been seen on the wreck.
|Position||51°57.803' N 007°18.783' W|